Macarons with Coconut Flour
French macarons without almond flour, perfect for allergic to nuts!
- 3/4 cup NBF® coconut flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- NBF® blackberry jam as a filling
* You can always choose whatever filling you desire.
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks.
- Sifting 3/3 of the cup of powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Sifting coconut flour in the same bowl.
- With a hand blender, mix the egg whites until they turn white and foamy and then add 1/4 of granulated sugar.
- Continue whipping for about 3-5 minutes until it gets glossy.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into your meringue and using a spatula to incorporate the ingredients without deflating the batter. Make sure you get a perfect consistency.
- Use a silicone mat on a paper template for macaroons and piping out the macaroons. Remove the paper template once you are done with the meringue.
- Let them sit for around 30 minutes until they are dry to the touch, you know they are ready when they get a little matt on top.
- Bake at 300 degrees for about 15-18 minutes. They get a little browner. Once they are completely cool just add organic jam any flavor you like, we suggest blackberry jam or choose whatever filling you desire.