Updated on November 11 2019.
Your privacy is important to us at NBF DISTRIBUTION INC. (“we”, “us”, “our”). Please read our privacy and cookies policy before using our website(s) naturabiofoods.com. We collect and process your personal data in accordance with this policy.
1. Personal data we collect
We collect your personal data, with your consent, for a variety of purposes that allow us to facilitate us to provide better service.
- When you create a customer account or check out as a guest on our website, we collect your name, email address, postal address, and phone number, demographic information such as postcode, city and country.
- When you order products and complete a checkout form on our website, we collect data needed to process your order including payment details pertaining to your credit or debit card and any associated security code. Without this data, we cannot enter into a contractual relationship with you and fulfill your order – see our terms of service for more information.
- When you email us via a contact form on our website or send us something via postal service, we collect your personal data so we can respond to you and keep a record of our correspondence.
- We also collect your data when you opt-in to receive our email newsletter, alerts, and updates, when you submit comments, feedback, questions or product reviews, and when you complete a survey or quiz or enter a contest on our website.
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect sensitive personal information about you, meaning, any information that reveals your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic information, biometric information used to identify you, and any information concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation. If you share sensitive personal information with us, we may delete it with the understanding that you explicitly consented to its deletion.
2. How we use personal data
When we collect your information we use it to provide you with a rich and interactive experience on our website, to be more specific, we use your data to:
- Provide customer support, responding to your customer service requests.
- To fulfill your order requests and provide invoices and quickly process your transactions.
- To make product recommendations, and to send you promotional communications, targeted advertising and relevant offers.
- To respond to your comments, feedback and questions, to notify you about changes to our website, to carry out our obligations from any contracts entered into between you and us (see our terms and conditions for more information), and to provide you with emails, alerts or updates if you have consented to receiving these from us.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, all the mail you receive have the following question to unsubscribe from our e-mail list: no longer want to receive these emails? Unsubscribe here at the final section on the mails you receive from us.
Whenever required to do so, we will use personal data to comply with our legal obligations and any applicable laws and regulations.
3. How and where we store and process personal data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via secure socket layer (ssl) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Our corporate offices are based in Mexico with a global reach. To market and sell our products online, we use third party service providers that collect and process certain personal data on our behalf. These third parties have servers located in Mexico and the U.S., and they may use servers located in other regions – see section “who we share personal data with and why”, below, for more information.
California do not track disclosures: we adhere to the California online privacy protection act (“CALOPPA”) which protects personally identifiable information belonging to residents of California. Do not track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When you turn on a DNT signal in your web browser, a message is sent to the websites you visit requesting that they do not track your use of those websites. We honour DNT signals and do not track your online activities over time and across third party websites when a DNT browser mechanism is in place.
We are committed to protect customer personal information and make every effort to maintain the safety of the information that our customers provide us.
We store your personal data until it is no longer necessary for us to provide our products and services or until your customer account or guest checkout and purchase history data is deleted.
We retain your personal data to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or for our legitimate purposes, such as responding to enquiries, and may sometimes need to keep it for a longer period. If we do not need to retain it for as long, we may delete, destroy or anonymise it sooner .
4. Who we share personal data with and why
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include naturabiofoods.com it also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties only when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. We use a variety of third party service providers to help us market and sell our products online. The following third parties process personal data on our behalf:
- We use shopify inc. To host our website. Shopify automatically collects certain data in server logs whenever someone accesses our website. See www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use shopify pay to collect and process your payment data when you order our products on our websites. See https://pay.shopify.com/tos-privacy-policy.
- We use google analytics for web analytics services – they collect data including ip address and information in cookies to learn more about users of our websites. Once personal data is collected, it is anonymized and stored on an aggregate basis. See https://policies.google.com/privacy.
We will disclose your personal data in response to a court order or other governmental request, and in compliance with any legal obligation we must uphold. We will also share your personal data in connection with a merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. In the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, your personal data would likely be one of the assets that is transferred to or acquired by a third party. If any of these business transfers happens, this policy would continue to apply to your personal data and the party receiving your data would continue to follow this policy.
5. How to access and control your personal data
You can contact us at any time to request access to, deletion of and/or updates to your personal data. Please contact us to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , outlining your request, you can withdraw your consent at any time for anything you gave consent to. You can also object to or restrict our use of your personal data. If you have a customer account on our website, or you have posted any comments our website, you can request to receive an exported file of your personal data. You can also request that we delete any personal data we hold about you, excluding any data we are obligated to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes. When you request access to your personal data, we are required to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before granting access. We do this to protect your data and limit the risk of potential identity fraud/theft or unauthorized access. Finally, you have the right to contact the privacy or data protection regulator in the country where you live to make a complaint.
This automation increases our efficiency – we can direct our advertising to consumers who are interested in our products based on their activity on our websites.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like netscape navigator or internet explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
9. Collection of personal data from children
Our websites and marketing activities are not aimed at children, defined as individuals under the age of 13. We comply with the children’s online privacy protection act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If we become aware that we have personal data of children, whether through error, deception or fraud, we will delete the data unless there is a justifiable reason to retain such data in compliance with COPPA.
10. Legal basis for processing your data.
Whenever we user your personal data, we will have a legal basis to do this.
11. Your consent
The performance of a contract: it means that you give us your data and we will provide you products and services, for example, you create and manage an account on our website.